The excitement of getting a new gaming console like the PlayStation 5 (PS5) can quickly turn into frustration if you encounter issues such as being unable to start a game or app. The error message “Can’t start a game or app PS5” can be perplexing, but fear not – this comprehensive guide will walk you through potential solutions and troubleshooting steps to get you back into your gaming experience smoothly.
Understanding the Error: “Can’t Start a Game or App PS5”
Encountering the error message “Can’t start a game or app PS5” can be disheartening, especially when you’re eager to dive into the latest gaming adventure. This error typically indicates that the system is facing challenges launching the selected game or application. Let’s explore various reasons and solutions for this issue.
Check for System Software Updates: Keep Your PS5 Current
One common reason for the “Can’t start a game or app PS5” error is outdated system software. Sony regularly releases updates to enhance system performance and address compatibility issues.
How to Check for Updates:
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your PS5.
- Select System.
- Choose System Software.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen prompts to download and install it.
Internet Connection: Ensure a Stable Connection
An unstable or slow internet connection can impact the PS5’s ability to access and launch games or apps. Ensuring a stable and reliable internet connection is crucial.
Check Your Connection:
- Test your internet connection in the Network settings.
- If using a wireless connection, consider switching to a wired connection for stability.
- Restart your router or modem to refresh the connection.
Game or App-Specific Issues: Investigate Individual Titles
Sometimes, the “Can’t start game or app PS5″ error may be specific to a particular game or app. Here’s how to troubleshoot such instances.
Check for Game Updates:
- Access the Game Library on your PS5.
- Locate the game or app facing issues.
- Check for updates and install any available patches.
Reinstall the Game or App:
- Delete the game or app from your PS5.
- Reinstall it from the PlayStation Store.
- This process can resolve corrupted files causing launch issues.
Storage Space: Ensure Adequate Free Space
Running out of storage space is a common issue that can prevent games or apps from launching successfully. Your PS5 needs sufficient free space to operate smoothly.
Check Storage Space:
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select Storage.
- Ensure there is enough free space for the game or app in question.
- Delete unnecessary games or apps to free up space.
- Consider upgrading your storage capacity with an additional external drive.
Check for Account Permissions: Ensure Proper Access
Sometimes, account-related issues can lead to the “Can’t start game or app PS5” error. Ensure that your account has the necessary permissions to access and launch the content.
Verify Account Permissions:
- Go to Settings.
- Select Users and Accounts.
- Choose Account Information.
- Ensure your account has the required permissions for the game or app.
Rebuild Database: Optimizing System Performance
Rebuilding the PS5 database can be a useful step to address system-related issues that might be causing the error.
Rebuild Database Steps:
- Turn off the PS5 and boot it into Safe Mode by holding the power button.
- Select “Rebuild Database” from the menu.
- Follow on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Contact PlayStation Support: Expert Assistance
If all else fails and you still encounter the “Can’t start game or app PS5” error, reaching out to PlayStation Support can provide expert assistance.
Contact PlayStation Support:
- Visit the official PlayStation support website.
- Explore the support options, including live chat or phone support.
- Explain the issue and follow guidance from support agents.
Factory Reset: A Last Resort
While it’s a drastic step, performing a factory reset might be necessary if all other solutions fail. Before proceeding, make sure to back up essential data.
Factory Reset Steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Select System.
- Choose Reset Options.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to perform a factory reset.
Preventive Measures: Maintain a Healthy PS5
To minimize the chances of encountering the “Can’t start game or app PS5” error in the future, adopt some preventive measures.
- Back up your data regularly to avoid potential data loss during troubleshooting.
System Rest Mode:
- Utilize the PS5’s Rest Mode feature for quicker launches and updates.
- Keep an eye on storage space and manage it efficiently to prevent issues.
Conclusion: What to Do When You Can’t Start a Game or App PS5
Encountering the “Can’t start a game or app PS5” error can be a frustrating experience, but with a systematic approach to troubleshooting, you can often identify and resolve the underlying issues. Whether it’s a simple software update, a check on your internet connection, or a more in-depth database rebuild, these steps can help you get back to enjoying your PS5 gaming experience without unnecessary interruptions. If all else fails, don’t hesitate to seek assistance from PlayStation Support for expert guidance.